Frequenty Asked Questions
Carblicity is a crowdsourcing platform that connects advertisers with private car owners for the purpose of Outdoor Advertising using stickers on cars. This unique relationship allows advertisers to tap on the resources of the everyday man for their advertising purposes, while drivers can now enjoy the rewards once reserved for public transport vehicles.
Carblicity works out campaign details with advertisers and post these campaigns as Jobs on the portal. Drivers register themselves to view all the Jobs available and accept their desired Job for the indicated payout. Driver payouts vary depending Job’s sticker placements and duration.
This new eco system opens up the playing field once monopolised by public transport providers and big corporations with huge advertising budget. Now with Carblicity, any driver can stand to earn financial benefits while advertisers can plan their campaign according to their budget without restrictions such as minimum quantities of cars and campaign duration currently imposed by public transport providers.
Carblicity currently operates solely for the Singapore market. All sticker ads will and can only be carried out by drivers in Singapore. We are in the process of expanding our global presence and if you are interested in engaging our services in your country, please let us know.
Please expand the sections below to learn more as a Driver or Advertiser.
- There is no cost or requirements to register as a driver. It is free and open to any driver with a car.
- You will need a valid email address for registration so that we may notify you of new jobs available to you. You may “turn off” notifications under your profile page if you do not wish to receive such notifications.
- Your home and work place address are needed for us to calculate your average monthly mileage and most frequented route and area of coverage.
- After registration, you will be able to access all available/ on-going/ past jobs from the “Jobs Available” page located at the top right banner.
- You may sort the available jobs by Payouts, Campaign start dates, and Company name, or filter the list by Jobs Available, On-going, and Completed.
- You may view each job in detail by clicking on them to reveal detailed information such as Campaign start/end date and duration, Total payout, Images of the sticker design and placements, Requirements (see below) and the Time and number of Slots remaining before the job is closed.
- Some jobs may have specific requirements that you will need to meet before accepting the Job. Your application will be rejected if you do not meet the requirements. E.g. Only available to cars without rear spoilers.
- You can view the requirements for each job when you click into the “Job details” page under the “Jobs available” page.
- You will need to cover a minimum distance of 1000km/month before you will be paid. Drivers who fall short of the minimum distance will not be paid.
- Regardless of whether the job duration is one month or more, you will only be paid for the months you have successfully covered 1000km in distance.
- There will not be any prorated payment for distance covered if it falls short of the minimum distance. Similarly, there will not be any extra payment for distance covered above the minimum distance.
- Please ensure you are confident of hitting the minimum distance of 1000km/month before accepting any job.
- Accepting of jobs is on a first come first serve basis. You will not be able to accept the job once the remaining slots available reaches “0”, or when the time remaining reaches “0”
- If you wish to accept a job, you will need to submit your application and book an appointment with us for the installation of the sticker ads.
- After your submission, Carblicity will review your application and may reject it if you have not met all the specified requirements. Applications may also be rejected if the job does not reach the targeted number of drivers indicated in the campaign requirements.
- You will receive your application status confirmation 10 days prior to the campaign start date.
- Installation has to be done between 1 to 5 working days before the indicated campaign start date and will take about 30mins to complete.
- All installations will be carried out at their respective venues, usually at BusAds 125 Kaki Bukit Avenue 1, Shun Li Industrial Park, Singapore 415997.
- Installations will be performed by trained professionals. Vinyl stickers will be applied directly onto the respective car surfaces. The use of soap water, squeegees, and hot air guns will be used in the application process. The application process has been tried and tested to be safe for the car’s paintwork and can be installed and removed cleanly without damage to sound, factory original (OEM) painted surfaces. Upmost care and effort will be used ensure the integrity of your car’s paintwork, however, Carblicity will not be held liable for any damages or losses to your car. You may find out more in our Terms and Conditions
- The sticker ads are and remain the property of Carblicity even after it has been applied onto your car. Removing, tampering or damaging the stickers are not allowed and will be in violation of the service agreement.
- After the installation process, your current mileage will be recorded for reference and cross checked at the end of the campaign to determine if the minimum distance has been reached.
- While driving, you are expected to maintain good, safe, and courteous driving behaviour at all times.
- Mileage covered towards the minimum distance requirement should only take into account distance covered while driving in Singapore. You should not accept a job if you plan to drive your car outside of Singapore. You must contact Carblicity staff immediately if you do drive outside of Singapore during a campaign.
- If at any point, the stickers are damaged, removed, tampered, or peeling off, you need to contact Carblicity immediately. In the event the stickers need to be replaced, you will need to come down to Carblicity’s office to get the stickers reapplied. Failing to notify us as soon as possible will be in violation of the service agreement.
- In the unfortunate event of an accident and the car is decommissioned, the minimum distance rule will still apply and you will be treated similarly to the situation of not covering the minimum distance.
- You are encouraged to frequently check your mileage covered to ensure you meet the minimum distance required.
- At the end of the campaign, you will need to drive down to the respective uninstallation venue, usually at BusAds 125 Kaki Bukit Avenue 1, Shun Li Industrial Park, Singapore 415997.
- The driver will only be paid out if there has not been any tampering, removing, or damage to the stickers, and the minimum distance is reached (cross checked with your odometer reading).
- The sticker ads will be removed and the job considered completed.
- You may Contact our sales personnel to work out the details of your campaign or you may request and fill up the Sales Requisition Form and email it back to email@example.com.
Before launching a campaign, we will need the following Information from you:
- Campaign Duration (start/end date)
- Number of vehicles to recruit for campaign
- Location/placement of sticker ads (packages)
- Fixed/Flexible Recruitment: By default, all campaigns have flexible recruitment, meaning your campaign will proceed at the campaign start date whether or not your targeted number of cars have been recruited. However, you may change your recruitment type to “Fixed” if you do not want the campaign to proceed unless all vehicles have been recruited.
- You may provide us with your own Design ad/Artwork according to the templates which we will provide, or you may engage our services to create one for you. All artwork will be illustrated using superimposed images for your approval before printing.
- After confirmation of your campaign details and artwork, you will need to place a Deposit with Carblicity before your Job gets posted onto the Carblicity website. The deposit amount will vary according to your campaign details. Your deposit must be received at least 20 working days before your indicated campaign start date.
- Once your Job is posted online, drivers will be able to view and accept the Job under the Available Jobs section.
- Jobs will remain open for a minimum of 10 working days, and will close 10 working days before your campaign start date for installation of the stickers.
- Driver recruitment will be on a first come first serve basis.
Depending on your indicated recruitment type, your campaign will proceed depending on the following recruitment results:
- Fully Recruited: Your campaign will proceed
- Partially Recruited: Your Campaign will not proceed and your deposit will be fully refunded
- Flexible Recruitment: Your campaign will proceed whether or not your targeted number of cars have been recruited
- Fixed Recruitment:
- Printing and installation of the sticker ads will be carried out by Carblicity staff within 10 working days before the campaign start date. During this time, your sticker ads might already be visible on the roads even before the campaign start date.
- “No Show” by drivers may occur when drivers accept your job but do not turn up for installation of the sticker ads. In the cases of “No Shows”, the campaign will still proceed even if your indicated Recruitment type is Fixed (Your fixed recruitment type surcharge, if applicable, will be refunded according to the number of shortfall cars and your final bill will be readjusted based on the lesser number of cars).
- Your drivers will now spread your advertising message 24/7 through the sticker ads on their cars while they drive around and even when their cars are parked.
- Drivers are obligated to cover a minimum distance of 1000km per month. If the job duration is more than one month, the overall accumulated distance will be used (e.g. for a 3 months campaign, they will need to cover a total accumulated distance of at least 3000km at the end of the 3 months duration).
- Carblicity protects our advertisers by ensuring your ads receive sufficient coverage and exposure on the road. Drivers are obligated to cover a minimum distance of 1000km per month. If the driver falls short of this minimum distance, you will only be charged the deposit you have paid and need not pay the remaining balance payable for that driver. This eliminated the risk of paying for insufficient coverage as your only cost is the deposit paid while you still get “free” coverage by the driver that did not cover the minimum distance. Furthermore, there are no extra charges when the driver covers more than the minimum distance. Distance covered per car is calculated by recording the car’s odometer reading during the installation and uninstallation process respectively.
- Carblicity pays extra attention to the condition of your sticker ads. Sticker ads are applied by a trained personnel to ensure your ads look good and appealing. If the condition of the sticker ads is compromised during the campaign, Carblicity will reinstall the ads at our own cost. Carblicity is also responsible for the uninstallation of the sticker ads to ensure that the sticker was applied to the car during the entire duration of the campaign.
- In the unfortunate event of an accident and the car is decommissioned, the minimum distance rule will still apply and you will be reimbursed similarly to the situation of a driver not covering the minimum distance.
- A Deposit of 20% of the total campaign cost will have to be paid upon confirmation of your campaign before the job is posted on the Carblicity portal. Full payment of the balance amount will have to be made at the end of the campaign.
- Refund of your deposit will be made for the number of cars that were not recruited and did not show up for installation. Refunds will also be made for the balance payable based on the number of cars that did not cover the minimum distance.
- Readjustment of the final bill will be made and lowered depending the on actual recruitment and total distance covered by each car.